Your privacy is important to us. We believe it is important for you to know how we treat the information we receive from you, on the Internet. This privacy statement explains what personal data we, Tata Consultancy Services Limited (“Tata Consultancy Services”, “TCS” or “we”), collect from you, through our interactions with you on this website, and how we use that data.
This Privacy Terms apply to the main website www.tcs.com as well as in the sites.tcs.com
sub-domain (sometimes called “microsites”). Please note that these websites may include links to websites of third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of Tata Consultancy Services. If you provide personal data to any of those websites your data is governed by their privacy statements.
Scope and Usage of Data
Personal information you give to us
Tata Consultancy Services collects data to operate this website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you submit Investor Subscription form, Internship Application form, Research Application form, Contact us form, download gated assets form and microsite form. Typically, the contact information we collect is used by us to respond to your enquiry, or allow you to access specific account information. We may execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications for which consent is taken appropriately or another appropriate lawful basis for the processing is identified.
In general, you can visit TCS on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are. Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. TCS uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security as well enhance performance of the website.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in your Tata Consultancy Services website or microsite account, change your password, or close your account. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Tata Consultancy Services, and the choices you make, including your privacy settings. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect first and last name, email address, postal address, country, employer, phone number and other similar contact data
- Credentials: We collect passwords used for authentication and account access, where this function is available.
Purpose of Data Uses
TCS uses the data we collect for 2 main purposes, described in more detail below: to operate our business and this website; and to send communications, including promotional communications.
- Security and Safety: We use data to protect the security and safety of our website.
- Communications: We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Tata Consultancy Services by email, SMS, post and telephone or other means of communication. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to us using our contact form at https://www.tcs.com/contact-us.
Sharing of data
We share personal data among Tata Consultancy Services-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions.
We usually do not share other personal data collected from the websites with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process
- We need to operate and also maintain the security of this website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- Storing your Preferences and Settings – Settings that enable our website to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device.
- Sign-in and Authentication – When you sign into our website using your credentials, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Social Media – Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.